Work With Us
Development and Grants Associate
Type: Part time
Direct Report: Sarah Winkler
Detroit Public Theatre seeks a part-time (20 hours/week) Development and Grants Associate. DPT offers a rich, engaging, and multifaceted work environment with great growth potential for professionals with 3-5 years related experience in arts administration, fundraising, board development, and events. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, with very strong writing and organizational skills. The candidate will be familiar with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, SurveyMonkey, and CRMs. The candidate’s experience will include grant and report writing (government, and foundation), annual giving campaigns, corporate sponsorships, and events. The Development and Grants Associate will be fully integrated into operations at DPT, engage with board leadership, and work directly with Producing Artistic Directors on diverse special events and fundraising campaigns.
● Research new grants
● Prepare new and renewal grants and supporting materials
● Prepare and complete final grant reports
● Consolidate and organize grant and report calendar
● Assist with bi-weekly board communications
● Manage planning and execution of annual appeal campaign
● Assist with creation of DPT annual report
● Create catalogue of DPT grant templates
● Create system to update and maintain grant attachments
● Manage and maintain individual gift acknowledgement process
● Manage and maintain grant acknowledgement process
● Assist with planning and execution of salons and friend-raisers
● Assist with planning and execution of DPT annual gala - The Cash Bash
● Manage CRM - Inputting donations and grants, and preparing fundraising reports for board and leadership
Volunteer ushers work with front-of-house staff to welcome, guide, and ensure the safety and comfort of all patrons.
As ambassadors for DPT and the DSO, Volunteer Ushers play a critical role in ensuring patrons, donors, artists, students, staff, and all guests enjoy an exceptional experience at every performance and event.
Volunteer Ushers are encouraged to usher for both DPT and DSO events, although ushers interested only in DPT events are welcome! All volunteer ushers working at the Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center must attend an orientation session.
Volunteer ushers are welcome to watch the performances they usher, provided those performances are not sold out. In the event of a sell out, each volunteer usher will be given a complimentary ticket to another performance of that show.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the registration process started today!